Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Welcome back nutrition and exercise!

It has been a long time since I blogged, but now I am back again. I am going to feature a question of the day. Every day I receive very interesting nutrition and exercise questions. Today I was asked whether cleanses are "worth it". The bottom line is that our body naturally cleanses itself daily. This is particularly true if you eat a diet filled with high fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes and beans, avoid added sugar, consume lean meats and meat substitutes, select low fat and non fat dairy products and avoid foods high in saturated fats and trans fats. Instead of purchasing a "colon cleanser", how about considering adjusting your diet so for your wellness. A diet such as this is anti-inflammatory so it will reduce the risks of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other health concerns.

No comments: