- Make sure you eat 3 meals a day plus healthy snacks between meals.
- Enjoy nuts and nut butters at meals and snacks. These contain good monounsaturated fats.
- Add avocado to salads and sandwiches. This is another good monounsaturated fat.
- Add olive oil to salads and use canola oil with cooking.
- Add flaxseed to yogurt, cereal, salads, pasta and rice.
- Add dried milk powder to foods for additional protein, calories and calcium.
- Before bed, have a scoop of whey protein with water.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Gain weight healthfully
The question of the day is "how can I gain weight healthfully?" I don't get this question often, but when I do, it needs to be taken seriously. The answer is usually not eat a pint of ice cream. Instead, we want to add healthy foods that are calorically and nutrient dense (meaning many calories and healthy nutrients). Here are some tips: